192 kbps. Bolt Thrower ends for me with "Realm of Chaos". I know, you have an opinion about that. The wild, uncontrolled, insane leads and guitar squeals, the RPG obsession and cool connection to Games Workshop/White Dwarf, the dragging deep riffs where they don't even sound in tune half the time and their strings are flapping, etc. - all of that reached its peak, at least in my opinion, on their second LP. Ever since then I believe they've been repeating/replicating themselves while slowly tightening up the production on their albums...unfortunately the Bolt Thrower that I love is not the one where you can hear every note clearly. I like the messy, dirty, sloppy, half-crustcore band that never (thankfully) fit into any scene whatsoever. This CD collects their Peel Session recordings and carries them from that first early style to "Warmaster", which I find really hard to listen to these days. Somewhere between '89 and '91 this band just lost what made them special, in my opinion - although "The IVth Crusade" is still probably the heaviest album ever recorded and they have at least one really good song on each album. I think most people know by now that the band has seemingly called it quits, although in a very strange, ambiguous manner. I can't imagine what else they're going to do with themselves.
http://www.mediafire.com/?yz1ttc0cd3d